home :: news :: 2004 news clips
2004 News Clips
- December 25, 2004 - Harold K.L. Castle Foundation grants $50,000 to community partner Waimanalo Hawaiian Homes Association in support of HHT's Waimanalo expansion.
- December 15, 2004 - Office of Hawaiian Affairs grants $25,000 to parent CNHA in support of SGML training at HHT's Anahola production facility.
- November 9, 2004 - HHT management presents a funding request to a panel from to the U.S. Economic Development Administration in Seattle, Washington.
- November 1, 2004 - HHT receives a donation of six computers from the law firm of Marr Hipp Jones Wang of Honolulu, Hawaii.
- November 1, 2004 - American Savings Bank grants $25,000 to community partner Waimanalo Hawaiian Homes Association in support in support of HHT's Waimanalo expansion.
- November 1, 2004 - Kamehameha Schools, through its Career Education department, sponsors and coordinates HHT's community college (Windward and Honolulu/PCATT) training for Waimanalo production staff.
- October 29, 2004 - Erik Danner, HHT's Manager of OPerations in Anahola, attended a series of meetings the U.S. Navy in San Diego to present work done over the past six months. Also present were HHT's Native partner, the Eastern Shoshone of Wyoming, and HHT's technology partners Data Conversion Labs of New York and Dimension4 of Washington.
- October 21, 2004 - American Savings Bank extends a line of credit to HHT to expand operations.
- October 17, 2004 - Olin Lagon, HHT's CEO, presents HHT's business model to Honolulu Business Association members.
- September 30, 2004 - HHT receives a private donation of three computers systems from a Native Hawaiian Chamber of Commerce member.
- September 16, 2004 - Olin Lagon, HHT's CEO, presents HHT's business model at a Native Hawaiian Chamber of Commerce luncheon.
- September 3, 2004 - HHT hosts a tribal leaders round table in Waikiki, Oahu to update Senator Daniel Inouye on progress made on the Native American Document Conversion Program. Executives and leaders from the mainland participated - the Zuni, Fort Peck Assiniboine/Sioux Tribes,Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians, Eastern Shoshone Tribe, Mandan, Hidatsa & Arikara Nation, and the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe. Representation from HHT's technology partner, CACI, was also present.
- August 16, 2004 - HHT celebrate grand opening of its Waimanalo production facility. Senator Daniel Inouye gives the key note speech. Also in attendance are community residents, CEOs of local companies, local leaders, and partners.
- August 1, 2004 - The Office of Hawaiian Affairs underwrites the HHT grand opening for Waimanalo.
- August 3, 2004 - Olin Lagon, HHT's CEO, attends a needs assessment meeting in Huntsville, Alabama with the U.S. Army (Apache project). Also present was HHT's
Native partners, the Tlingt and Haida of Alaska and HHT's technology partners Data Conversion Labs of New York and Dimension4 of Washington.
- June 28, 2004 - Olin Lagon, HHT's CEO, co-presents "Cultural Strength: The Foundation for Native Economies" in Anchorage, Alaska for the Alaska Federation of Native's Leadership Forum. Also presenting was CNHA's Jade Danner and 3Point Consulting's James Koshiba.
- May 31, 2004 - HHT delivers on an SGML digitization project for a private sector client.
- May 13, 2004 - HHT's Robin Danner, Myron Thompson, and Olin Lagon present to the Hawaii Business Round Table.
- May 12, 2004 - HHT wins second place in the Hogan / Bank of Hawaii Nonprofit Business Plan Competition hosted by Chaminade University.
- May 4, 2004 - HHT's Olin Lagon attends a meeting in Lander, Wyoming with client U.S. Navy to review production progress. Meeting hosted by HHT's Native partner the Eastern Shoshones of Wyoming on their tribal lands. Also present were HHT's technology partners Data Conversion Labs of New York and Dimension4 of Washington.
- April 27, 2004 - HHT updates the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Commission with a status presentation.
- April 2, 2004 - Alu Like, Inc. support's training for HHT's Anahola staff through a wage reimbursement program.
- March 30, 2004 - HHT's Robin Danner is recognized for her overall advocacy including as founder of HHT by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Ms. Danner wins the 2004 Minority Business Advocate of the Year for both the State of Hawaii and U.S. Region Nine.
- March 27, 2004 - HHT hosts community partner's, the State Council of Hawaiian Homestead Association, Website and email services.
- February 10, 2004 - HHT completes a pilot digitization project in support of the F-16 aircraft.
- February 7, 2004 - HHT completes and delivers on an XML project for a private sector client.
- January 18, 2004 - HHT's Olin Lagon attends a meeting in Bermerton, Washington with client U.S. Navy to review production progress. Meeting hosted by HHT's technology partner Dimension4. Also present were HHT's Native partner the Eastern Shoshones of Wyoming on technology partner Data Conversion Labs of New York.
- January 2, 2004 - HHT takes up office space downtown at 33 S King Street to host administrative functions.